The planning of a project can be a time consuming and costly process. The cost of a poorly planned and mismanaged project however will be more evident if the original objectives are not realized. If a project fails, costs will have been incurred for which there are no benefits. Statistics show that more than half of all IT projects are considered to have failed.
The formation of a Project Team and the appointment of a Business Sponsor are of primary importance to ensure the successful implementation of any business systems project.
The task of a Project Manager is to develop an effective Project Plan which amongst, other elements:
- Has goals, objectives and a clear scope
- Establishes the project structure
- Defines tasks and deliverables
- Identifies resource requirements
- Has a critical path and milestones
- Identifies and mitigates risks and issues
- Achieves buy in to the plan
Most companies, in deciding to purchase and implement a system, will have to commit a large capital outlay to the project. To achieve positive return on investment early, it is necessary to ensure that a Project Plan is in place.
Good Project Management is essential to ensure that 'breakdown' does not occur as a result of, for example, overoptimistic estimates, inadequate budgets or nonconformance to planned tasks.
Protekila as a Project Manager:
1. Have a track record of delivering complex IT projects acting as an independent voice and liaison with Vendors, the Client's business managers and the Project Team.
2. Can act swiftly to call out issues and cut through internal politics thus ensuring deadlines are met.
3. Can ensure that a high level of commitment is maintained so that continuity and timescales are realized.
4. Has extensive expertise in software package and bespoke systems implementation; complex and far reaching infrastructure initiatives; and business integration projects.
5. Has proven project management experience that ensures practical advice can be applied to situations as they arise. They will also coach and mentor the Client's team to effect knowledge transfer.
6. Operate within the framework of a highly developed, well provided project management methodology, that is tailored dependent on the size, circumstances and complexity of a project.
7. Can work at multiple levels due to the size and expertise of the SCS consultancy team e.g.:
- Executive/Board level
- Classic Project Manager
- 'Hands on' (implementation/data level)
- Project support
- Methods and systems level (processes and procedures)
These classification have different connotations from project to project, however each project will have the requirement for all of these levels of support. The problem facing most companies is finding the right resource, with the time, inclination and ability to perform the role to an acceptable standard.
Protekila enables its customers to solve the challenge of international product rollout, refill and distribution.
Protekila provides order fulfillment, order management and user support for business. We support leading companies with business-to-business, corporate to end user and business to consumer services.
We are not an e-commerce shipper, we only work for our customers to assist them in relieving the time, cost and overhead of globally shipping large rollouts of small devices that integrate with our product lines.
With our direct contact and worldwide distribution channels with vendors, we alleviate the headache of double or triple shipping products, and at the same time keep detailed records in predetermined customer format.
Protekila is a complete integrator for every product we distribute.
- Some of our integration services are as follows:
- Complete customer site installation and configuration.
- Preconfigured systems delivery.
- Remote management and configuration.
- Phone support.
- Product training.
- Global rollouts
Since Protekila has carefully selected only a few top Vendors for distribution, you can be rest assured that we are experts in the products we sell, not just fly by night companies that will try to sell you one of anything to get the sale.
We carefully analyse every customers current infrastructure and recommend or implement the solution that will best fit into current requirements.